a breath of smoke enough to ruin your day? As soon as the person next to you it lights up, the first thing to cross your mind the unpleasant memories of the last clash between passive smoking and runny nose, sneezing, and congestion that followed. It is certain that the reaction of cigarette smoke similar to an allergic reaction that leads to believe that they "smoke allergies".
There is a lot of "smoke allergies" myth, it really makes it difficult to properly manage the condition. This article will help you decide Determining who is affected by the "smoke allergies" and what can we do to better defend against the disease that exposure to environmental tobacco smoke.
Myth # 1: "allergic to smoke "
Nobody really allergic to smoke. A large number of people insist that they are allergic to the smoke generated by cigarettes or cigars, but the truth is that because they have a kind of allergic reaction to other health conditions. Understanding why you feel you are allergic attack, when around a smoker is the key to understanding how to prevent future symptoms.
Why do I say that there is no such thing as a smoke allergy? Because technically non-allergenic smoke – but it's an irritant. This small difference is the reason most people feel no relief when they antihistamine allergy medicine after exposure to the fumes. The key is to avoid the problems caused by cigarette smoke determining what type of sensitivity, and how best to handle it.
who is prone to "Smoke Allergies" ?
- The children and infants
- People allergy history (anyone allergies, asthma, eczema, etc.).
- in the people are exposed to heavy smoke for a long time
Sometimes people who are sensitive to tobacco smoke also experience allergic symptoms when they encounter strong odors, perfumes, changes in weather or temperature changes.
symptoms Cigarette Sensitivity
some people, exposure to tobacco smoke can cause a list of symptoms
- water, burning eyes
- runny nose
- nasal secretions
- Shortness of
These symptoms shortly after exposure to cigarette smoke and the last hour is displayed. In addition to these symptoms, people who smoke daily environment more likely to experience permanent respiratory infections such as sinusitis and bronchitis, as well as the development of wheezing and asthma.
exposure to tobacco smoke
The lighting cigarettes capable of releasing more than 4,000 different chemicals in the air ( 80 of them are known or suspected carcinogens). Sometimes avoiding situations where people are smoking almost impossible. Often a family member will be smoke indoors or in a public place such as a bar or restaurant allows smoking. Depending on the severity of the reaction, only one of cigarette smoke & # 39; s clothing or in a room where someone is smoking in irritation. Thus, while avoiding tobacco smoke is the best way to prevent "smoke allergies", it might not be a practical solution.
two main types of smoke sensitivity
The best way to handle the "allergy" to smoke is to first determine whether you experience what kind of sensitivity. There are two forms of smoke sensitivity:
- Underlying aggravating Smoke Allergy: the body is weakened smoke and begins to react to every little bit of pollen, dust and hair that normally would not have been a problem.
- vasomotor rhinitis: it is a condition that has the exact same symptoms as allergic rhinitis (nasal allergies or), but no allergy can be treated with antihistamine medication.
Smoke Qualified allergies
to an allergen in a small particle that is made up of proteins that physical errors in a dangerous intruder as a virus or other germ. Smoke ash contains tiny particles of tar (see, burning tobacco in a white cloud created by these particles form). But tar ash particles are not the same as a true allergy because it is not based on a protein, but it is a form of carbon.
Instead of being tagged as allergens füstrészecskét classified as an irritant. Irritants can cause a bit of discomfort, exacerbated by diseases such as asthma and allergies and can cause other health problems. Thus, the medical sense, no one can really be allergic to smoke, but they can suffer allergies or other complications of existing disease.
If you are allergic or non-allergic asthma, smoke can trigger an allergic reaction, because it does put an extra strain on the body and the immune system. The tiny macskakorpa drifting through the air that has not been properly set off a violent reaction; but with the addition of tobacco smoke, your body can not handle the allergens. Asthma becomes dangerous exposure to tobacco smoke, mixed with some even fatal.
You are likely to experience complications in case of existing allergies
- You can be allergic to other things like pollen, pets, mildew and dust mites.
- Do you have eczema or food allergies.
- Avoid many cases, such as when they are exposed to smoke.
- See an allergist to optimize the management of existing allergies or look at developed new allergies.
- reduce the number of air purifiers Run allergens in the air. Even a small, portable air filter like a home smoke eater effective in removing allergens in rooms smoking family members.
vasomotor rhinitis is a type of inflammation and irritation of the nasal area, as well as the throat and eyes. Seasonal allergies or indoor called "allergic rhinitis". This condition is different from the allergic type, because it is not caused by allergens. Therefore, vasomotor rhinitis sometimes called "non-allergic rhinitis." This causes many of the same symptoms that would be an allergic reaction, but it is caused by excessive amounts of highly sensitive or delicate blood vessels in the tissue in the sinus area. The symptoms experienced by the trigger rather nervous allergens.
This means, while another person may be able to tolerate cigarette smoke, people vasomotor rhinitis will experience a lot of discomfort in the same amount of smoke. So do not complain if you overreacting even small amounts of smoke – these small amounts can really have an impact more severely than those around you.
In addition to cigarette smoke, strong odors and often the weather conditions can cause symptoms, so you may find that many aspects of the environment cause allergic symptoms. Some people have allergic rhinitis, and vasomotor rhinitis simultaneously.
You probably vasomotor rhinitis when
- You are extremely sensitive to other items like perfume, strong odors, weather changes, temperature changes, or even spicy dishes.
- Walk a little warmer (or cooler) room will make your nose runny or stuffy nose pain.
- antihistamine drugs do not relieve the symptoms.
- Avoid many situations as possible, if the state is aggravated. This includes smoke, as well as some trigger vasomotor rhinitis, other than wearing perfume, burning scented candles, etc.
- Talk to your doctor about treatment options. Some over the counter medications such as oral decongestants and saline nasal sprays may offer some relief. Some prescription drugs that have proven effective antihistamine nasal sprays (as opposed to oral antihistamines, which typically have no effect on vasomotor rhinitis), anti-drip anticholinergic nasal sprays and nasal corticosteroid sprays.
- Refine smoke and the smell of smoke, as this is often the cause of vasomotor rhinitis in many cases. Air purifiers use as a home no Smoke Eater minimization: pollutants in the air.
A note for those who have existing Allergy:
inhaling even small amounts of smoke may actually cause a long time to develop new allergies or asthma . Young children with inhaling second-hand tobacco smoke greatly increases the likelihood of developing allergies when they get older. If you live with a smoker, it is likely that more cases of bronchitis, pneumonia, ear infections, sinus infections and other respiratory diseases.
The best thing you can do to make yourself living space with zero tolerance for smoke area. If this is not possible, you might want to consider an air purifier as an investment for your health.
Some of the symptoms of sinusitis (sinus inflammation) is very similar to the vasomotor rhinitis and allergic rhinitis in this article. Be sure to consult your doctor to help diagnosis if tobacco smoke can feel the weather.
Remember you can always be sure that you talk to your doctor or allergist your symptoms and treatment.